|Address:||206 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009, USA|
|Opening hours (Edit)|
|Monday:||5:00 – 11:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||5:00 – 11:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||5:00 – 11:00 PM|
|Thursday:||5:00 – 11:00 PM|
|Friday:||5:00 – 11:00 PM|
|Saturday:||12:00 – 11:00 PM|
|Sunday:||5:00 – 11:00 PM|
Borrachito is located in New York County of New York state. On the street of Avenue A and street number is 206. . You can get more information from their website.
The coordinates that you can use in navigation applications to get to find Borrachito quickly are 40.7294328 ,-73.9807302
This review is all about the tacos and they are stellar! We ordered all of them and let's just say we left very happy.
Each one had just that touch of special whether it was the sauce or the toppings. The corn tortilla was just large enough to hold the filling. It served as the perfect vehicle to enjoy these beauties.
1. Burrata and corn the only vegetarian one on the menu so far. It's creamy and sweet but with just the right amount of freshness. It's not spicy but by no means boring.
2. Fish taco is deep fried sea bass with pineapple salsa. The pineapple adds that surprising sweetness and tang. The guajillo majo added the kick. The fish is still crunchy and not overwhelmed with the other toppings.
3. Steak taco had a good blend of fatty pieces to leaner ones. There was a hint of char and the red salsa was the right choice for the taco. It added some kick to the meatiness.
4. Pork bomb just fell short compared to the other ones. The meat was a bit dry and the flavor was just too mild. Apparently, there was suppose to be chicarrones but ours was missing. We didn't realize they were suppose to be there. The pica de gallo was surprisingly under seasoned. I think it was just having a bad day because it sounds promising.
5. Short rib barbacoa was definitely the favorite of the bunch. It was so tender and the meatiness just shined through. The jalapeno cilantro chimichurri just added another layer of flavor to this gem of a taco. I could just eat the meat all by itself. Your fingers will be dripping with all the juices and you will not want to miss a drop.
The area for where the tacos are made is a nice space hidden from some of the craziness of the front bar. The decor is a bit rustic and homey. There aren't that many seats but just find seating anywhere in the bar to enjoy these tacos. NYC has definitely upped their taco game.
The best tacos in NYC!
Amazing tacos, too recommended
The taco bar inside the Garret East on Avenue A. They make their tortillas in-house and it’s on the thicker side which I like. The menu is small and not all the items are always available. They just started doing Tecate beer + popsicle float and now you can order your tacos with a fried egg on top for brunch